Beam Fiber also known as Beam Telecom is one of the leading Internet Service Provider in Southern Indian cities like Hyderabad and Bangalore. In this post we are going to learn about a Grease Monkey script which will help you to automatically log into the Beam Fiber internet connection.
Despite the fact that Beam offers high speed reliable internet connection, I got frustrated by the reason that it automatically logs me out of the network. It happens so randomly when I am busy giving an exam or when watching an online video. I, then have decided to find a way to fix this issue and the result is this post on Technophileshub.
Below is the script which will run as soon as your beam login page gets opened. This script checks your login status by getting the CSS property of login bar and reloads for every 5 seconds in the browser window. Whenever you are logged out of the internet, In the next reload this script identifies that you have been logged out and calls the login script by providing your credentials.
if ( document.getElementById('divLoginHTML').style.cssText = "display: block;" )
user = "/*User Name*/";
pwd = "/*Password*/";
var reme = document.getElementById("url_remember").checked;
var expdate = new Date ();
expdate.setTime(expdate.getTime() + (24 * 60 * 60 * 1000 * 31 * 9));
if(user!="" && pwd!="")
document.cookie="remember="+reme+";" + " expires=" + expdate.toGMTString() + ";";
Step by Step
- Install the Greasemonkey Addon from Mozilla Addons
- Open your Firefox browser and click on Tools Menu ( ALT + T ) and goto Greasemonkey -> New User Script.
- It will open up the new script window where you need to provide the details for the script. Please fill the details as shown in the below image.
- Copy the above script after replacing the username and password fields with your beam username and password and paste it from line 9 and then save the script.
- Now you are done. Please note that you have to keep this window open to let the script do its job.
If you find this useful, Please spread the word.